bugGNU Octave - Bugs: bug #31623, lsode (a.o. ?) does not see...

 
 

bug #31623: lsode (a.o. ?) does not see options set with lsode_options (a.o., respectively)

Submitter:  Olaf Till <i7tiol>
Submitted:  Thu 11 Nov 2010 06:51:25 PM UTC
 
Category:  Libraries Severity:  3 - Normal
Priority:  5 - Normal Item Group:  Incorrect Result
Status:  Fixed Assigned to:  None
Originator Name:  Olaf Till Open/Closed:  * Closed
Release:  * dev Operating System:  * GNU/Linux
Fixed Release:  None Planned Release:  None
* Mandatory Fields

Add a New Comment (Rich Markup)
   

Comment Type & Canned Response:
       

 

Sat 13 Nov 2010 01:48:27 AM UTC, comment #2: 

Oops, I posted a link to the wrong patch.  The correct one is here:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/dc5d1280ef14

John W. Eaton <jwe>
Project Administrator
Sat 13 Nov 2010 01:46:43 AM UTC, comment #1: 

This is a configuration and build problem, not a bug in the sources.  I checked in the following change so that files like LSODE-opts.cc are not compiled and linked as part of the liboctinterp library.

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/0090bb47d0b5

This seems to fix the problem for me, so I'm closing this report.

John W. Eaton <jwe>
Project Administrator
Thu 11 Nov 2010 06:51:25 PM UTC, original submission:  

Options changed with lsode_options are printed correctly (in their changed form) when queried with lsode_options, but are seen as unchanged from their initialized value by liboctave/LSODE.cc, as is readily verified by stepping through this file with a debugger.

The reason seems to be that lsode_opts in src/LSODE-opts.cc is declared with storage class 'static' and thus has internal linkage, while the codes for lsode_options and lsode reside in different files (although in the latter LSODE-opts.cc is included).

Strangely, although this bug is apparent in tip, no such bug is apparent in Octave-3.2.4, although the code is the same. There seem to be some strange effects if dynamic linking is involved ... this might also lead to difficulties in reproducing this bug. Anyway, the attached small patch was tested to fix this.

(Although I only tested lsode, of corse the other integrators must also have been affected.)

Olaf Till <i7tiol>
Project Member

 

(Note: upload size limit is set to 16384 kB, after insertion of the required escape characters.)

Attach Files:
   
   
Comment:
   

Attached Files
file #21982:  integration_opts.changeset added by i7tiol (969B - application/octet-stream)

 

Depends on the following items: None found

Items that depend on this one: None found

 

Carbon-Copy List
  • -email is unavailable- added by jwe (Posted a comment)
  • -email is unavailable- added by i7tiol (Submitted the item)
  •  

    There are 0 votes so far. Votes easily highlight which items people would like to see resolved in priority, independently of the priority of the item set by tracker managers.

    Only project members can vote.

     

     

     

     

    Follow 3 latest changes.

    Date Changed by Updated Field Previous Value => Replaced by
    2010-11-13 jwe StatusNone Fixed
        Open/ClosedOpen Closed
    2010-11-11 i7tiol Attached File- Added integration_opts.changeset, #21982

    Back to the top


    Powered by Savane 3.9