bugGNU Octave - Bugs: bug #41843, dbclear all

 
 

bug #41843: dbclear all

Submitter:  Felipe G. Nievinski <fgnievinski>
Submitted:  Wed 12 Mar 2014 04:53:19 AM UTC
 
Category:  Octave Function Severity:  3 - Normal
Priority:  5 - Normal Item Group:  Segfault, Bus Error, etc.
Status:  Fixed Assigned to:  None
Originator Name:  Open/Closed:  * Closed
Release:  * 3.8.1 Operating System:  * Any
* Mandatory Fields

Add a New Comment (Rich Markup)
   

Comment Type & Canned Response:
       

 

( Jump to the original submission )

Mon 02 Nov 2015 04:16:42 AM UTC, comment #6: 

I checked in your patch on the stable branch under your name here (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/78b3e9868b67).  Thanks, this was an annoying segfault that I had not gotten around to fixing.  Closing report.

Rik <rik5>
Project Administrator
Sat 31 Oct 2015 05:49:10 AM UTC, comment #5: 

Has this been fixed?

The patches below seem to fix the problem, although I may be overlooking something.  It seems that bp_table::do_remove_all_breakpoints_in_file_1 remove all breakpoints from a file removes those in the subfunctions too, and so the repeated calls are unnecessary.

I found a related problem when two breakpoints were set for the same line, one relative to the main function and one relative to the sub-function.  Should I open another bug report?  It is fixed by the big patch at https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8784, but if there is to be a 4.0.1 in November, it may be better to write a separate patch to fix only that issue.  What do you think?

(file #35340)

Lachlan Andrew <lachlan>
Sun 30 Mar 2014 12:51:41 AM UTC, comment #4: 

Quick glance shows that this is a problem when one of the m-files has subfunctions.  The following works:

octave:1> dbstop ls
ans =  50
octave:2> dbstop bitcmp
ans =  41
octave:3> dbstatus
breakpoint in bitcmp at line 41.
breakpoint in ls at line 50.
octave:4> dbclear all

Rik <rik5>
Project Administrator
Sun 30 Mar 2014 12:15:39 AM UTC, comment #3: 

Something must have changed.  When I coded it back in January it worked just fine.

Rik <rik5>
Project Administrator
Sat 29 Mar 2014 11:02:52 PM UTC, comment #2: 

I see that it recognizes the "all" keyword, but it segfaults for me.

octave:1> dbstop ls;
octave:2> dbstop edit;
octave:3> dbstatus
breakpoint in edit at line 128.
breakpoint in ls at line 50.
octave:4> dbclear all
panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
save to 'octave-workspace' complete
Segmentation fault

Stack trace:

#0  0x00007ffff7556a2d in std::_Rb_tree<std::string, std::string, std::_Identity<std::string>, std::less<std::string>, std::allocator<std::string> >::find (this=this@entry=0xb6d260, __k=...)
    at /usr/include/c++/4.8/bits/stl_tree.h:1792
#1  0x00007ffff7553347 in find (__x=..., this=<optimized out>) at /usr/include/c++/4.8/bits/stl_set.h:663
#2  bp_table::do_remove_all_breakpoints_in_file_1 (this=this@entry=0xb6d260, fcn=<optimized out>, fname=...) at ../../libinterp/corefcn/debug.cc:491
#3  0x00007ffff75534af in bp_table::do_remove_all_breakpoints_in_file (this=0xb6d260, fname=..., silent=silent@entry=false) at ../../libinterp/corefcn/debug.cc:523
#4  0x00007ffff755384a in remove_all_breakpoints_in_file (silent=false, fname=...) at ../../libinterp/corefcn/debug.h:81
#5  bp_table::do_remove_all_breakpoints (this=0xb6d260) at ../../libinterp/corefcn/debug.cc:545
#6  0x00007ffff7553f85 in remove_all_breakpoints () at ../../libinterp/corefcn/debug.h:88
#7  Fdbclear (args=...) at ../../libinterp/corefcn/debug.cc:730

Mike Miller <mtmiller>
Project Administrator
Sat 29 Mar 2014 06:40:49 PM UTC, comment #1: 

I just noticed this bug report.  I added 'dbclear all' as a feature back in January of this year.  It's on the development branch.  Closing this Feature Request.

Rik <rik5>
Project Administrator
Wed 12 Mar 2014 04:53:19 AM UTC, original submission:  

it'd remove all breakpoints in all files previously set with dbstop.

in octave scripting language, I'd do this as:

+verbose+
function dbclear (varargin)
  if strcmpi (varargin, {'all'}),  dbclear_all ();  return;  endif
  # ...
endfunction

function dbclear_all ()
  db = dbstatus ();
  for i=1:numel(db)
    [~, fn] = fileparts (db(i).file);
    dbclear (fn);
    #dbclear (db(i).file);  # WRONG!
  endfor
endfunction
-verbose-

Felipe G. Nievinski <fgnievinski>

 

(Note: upload size limit is set to 16384 kB, after insertion of the required escape characters.)

Attach Files:
   
   
Comment:
   

Attached Files
file #35340:  bug_41843.patch added by lachlan (2KiB - text/x-patch)

 

Depends on the following items: None found

Items that depend on this one: None found

 

Carbon-Copy List
  • -email is unavailable- added by lachlan (Updated the item)
  • -email is unavailable- added by rik5 (Posted a comment)
  • -email is unavailable- added by mtmiller (Updated the item)
  • -email is unavailable- added by fgnievinski (Submitted the item)
  •  

    There are 0 votes so far. Votes easily highlight which items people would like to see resolved in priority, independently of the priority of the item set by tracker managers.

    Only project members can vote.

     

     

     

     

    Follow 9 latest changes.

    Date Changed by Updated Field Previous Value => Replaced by
    2015-11-02 rik5 Severity1 - Wish 3 - Normal
        Item GroupFeature Request Segfault, Bus Error, etc.
        StatusConfirmed Fixed
        Open/ClosedOpen Closed
    2015-10-31 lachlan Attached File- Added bug_41843.patch, #35340
    2014-03-29 mtmiller StatusFixed Confirmed
    2014-03-29 rik5 StatusNone Fixed
    2014-03-27 mtmiller CategoryNone Octave Function
        Severity3 - Normal 1 - Wish

    Back to the top


    Powered by Savane 3.9