There is currently an effort to tidy the translation team names and webpages location.
Yavor suggests we use 'www-XX' (or www-XX-YY) where XX/YY is the contry code (eg: www-fr, www-pt-br).
I also suggest we move any old translation team project in this group type (instead of www.gnu.org portion).
Translation teams will be hosted at gnu.org/server/standards/translations/projectname
Current migration plan:
- Give me a list of projects to rename (old name -> new name). Check whether there're project mailing lists to rename and give me a list too. Please also check if some projects need to be moved from 'www.gnu.org portion' to 'www.gnu.org translation team' project type :)
- You warn the project members and I rename the projects meanwhile.
- I disable webpages on-commit replication for translation projects (to avoid recreating old webpages locations during the move)
We then send Joshua 2 lists:
- a list of old webpage locations to remove (the nongnu.org/wwwXX pages, in particular)
- the list of translation projects to map to http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/\<foo>)
Joshua will then be able to:
- map the list of translation projects to the new locations
- modify new-savannah-project/new.py to handle a new 'type' parameter value for when we create new translation projects in the future.
In general, translation teams are approved by the translation coordinators, which includes Yavor Doganov.