newsDotGNU Forum System - News: Forum goes Ruby

Latest News
Source clean up performed posted by vasily_eremenko, Sun 30 Aug 2009 06:49:50 PM UTC - 0 replies
DotGNU Forum is under replanning posted by vasily_eremenko, Sat 08 Aug 2009 08:16:38 PM UTC - 0 replies
Forum in Brave GNU World posted by silvernerd, Sat 07 Dec 2002 05:18:41 PM UTC - 1 reply
Forum goes Ruby posted by silvernerd, Sat 07 Dec 2002 05:17:42 PM UTC - 2 replies
[Submit News]
[4 news in archive]

Forum goes Ruby

Item posted by Peter Minten <silvernerd> on Sat 07 Dec 2002 05:17:42 PM UTC.

About a month ago Forum got out of it's summer leep. At that time it became clear that the C# libraries needed to for the Forum server aren't going to be constructed in the near future. I didn't want to wait for the libraries to be ready however.

Ruby seemed like a good alternative for C#: it's object-oriented, dynamic and about all the libraries needed for Forum are already there.

So I decided to program the first version of the Forum server and client in Ruby. C# is not ruled out however, a C# client is planned. Thinking ahead I even see a possibility that the relative slowness of Ruby (compared to C#) may produce the need for a C# server.

Comments:

com (posted by colin, Tue 28 Oct 2008 07:18:38 PM UTC)

* hillfiger tommy |
* free fta satellite keys |
* fake |
* stock money market business|
* money |
* music |
* CircuitCity

Ruby Who? (posted by Ray Dryden, Sun 24 Jul 2005 07:59:10 AM UTC)

Hello Gnus.

Ray Dryden @mastrlynx.com.

This thing needs a bit of life breathed into it, don't you think? I think I have a gasp or two left to contribute.

Anyone else care to assist in DotGnu-Forum Revival?

Back to the top