This page is intended for Savannah hackers (as well as other folks) who require access to Savannah's VPN.
In order to use the vpn, you will need to email savannah-hackers-private -AT- gnu.org requesting a key.
Once a key is generated for you, you will receive your key via email (encrypted via gpg).
Steps to setup VPN
- Configuration files:
- /wherever/savannah.conf (change paths):
client dev tun proto tcp remote vpn.savannah.gnu.org 443 resolv-retry infinite nobind persist-key persist-tun ca /path-to-your-keys/savannah-ca.crt cert /path-to-your-keys/YOUR_USER_NAME.crt key /path-to-your-keys/YOUR_USER_NAME.key ns-cert-type server comp-lzo verb 1 auth-user-pass
- It's worth noting that you can put a file after the "auth-user-pass" directive which contains your username/password (on two lines)
- The username/password used here is your savannah username and password.
- Start VPN:
- To start a vpn connection, as root, type "openvpn --config /wherever/savannah.conf"
- Then you will have routes to various hosts.