newslibffcall - foreign function call libraries - News: GNU libffcall 2.0 is released

Latest News
GNU libffcall 2.1 is released posted by haible, Sat 17 Feb 2018 12:58:17 PM UTC
GNU libffcall 2.0 is released posted by haible, Sun 10 Sep 2017 05:11:24 PM UTC
GNU libffcall 1.13 is released posted by haible, Sat 24 Jun 2017 09:31:48 AM UTC

GNU libffcall 2.0 is released

Item posted by Bruno Haible <haible> on Sun 10 Sep 2017 05:11:24 PM UTC.

libffcall version 2.0 is released.

New in this release:

• The package now installs a library libffcall.{a,so}. It contains the 'avcall' and 'callback' packages. The libraries libavcall.{a,so} and libcallback.{a,so} are still installed as well, but are deprecated.

• The installed libraries are now installed as shared libraries by default (except for libvacall, which is still a static library only).

• The installed shared libraries are now properly versioned. This means that when installing with --enable-shared, upgrading to a newer version of libffcall will not break existing binaries.

• The installed include files are now platform independent. This means that you can now install libffcall for different ABIs on the same system, using the same --prefix option but different --exec-prefix options for each ABI.

• API changes in <trampoline.h>: The second argument of alloc_trampoline() is now a 'void ', rather  than a 'void '. The return value of trampoline_variable() is now a 'void *', rather than a 'void '. The argument of trampoline_address(), trampoline_variable(), trampoline_data() is now a function pointer instead of a 'void '.

• Fixed a bug regarding floating-point arguments followed by non-floating-point arguments on the following platforms: Linux/arm, Linux/powerpc, Linux/s390.

• Fixed a bug regarding structure returns on the following platforms: FreeBSD/i386, MinGW/i386, Linux/mips, IRIX/mips.

• Added support for the following platforms: (Previously, a build on these platforms failed.) Cygwin/x86_64, MinGW/x86_64, MSVC (i386 and x86_64), HP-UX/hppa64, Linux/m68k.

Back to the top