newsSavannah Administration - News: CVS URL changed

Latest News
frontend upgraded posted by ineiev, Wed 31 Jan 2024 05:45:55 PM UTC
[download] SFTP disabled posted by ineiev, Mon 27 Nov 2023 11:00:33 AM UTC
git post-receive UDP syndication posted by carlc, Thu 31 Aug 2023 11:57:10 PM UTC
re-enabling reminders posted by ineiev, Tue 02 May 2023 11:40:13 AM UTC
frontend upgraded posted by ineiev, Fri 13 May 2022 06:43:50 AM UTC

CVS changes

Item posted by Sylvain Beucler <Beuc> on Tue 13 Dec 2005 10:35:18 PM UTC.

In our effort to better structure the Savannah system and get the necessary fundations for new features, all CVS-related services are moved to cvs.savannah.gnu.org and cvs.savannah.nongnu.org.

You can use 'sv' instead of 'savannah' for short.

cvs -z3 -d:ext:username@cvs.sv.gnu.org:/sources/project co module_name
 cvs -z3 -d:ext:username@cvs.sv.gnu.org:/web/project co module_name

Anonymous access over SSH, which has been somewhat troublesome, and uses an unnecessary encryption (since it is public access), was disabled. The new structure allowed us to replace it with the more common pserver access. pserver access is anonymous only.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sv.gnu.org:/sources/project co module_name
 cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sv.gnu.org:/web/project co project

We now use 'sources' and 'web' instead of respectively 'cvsroot' and 'webcvs' - this sounds clearer. The old paths are still supported via symbolic links.

Migration: type one of the following one-liner in your CVS working copy:

- For anonymous working copies
find . -path '.*/CVS/Root' -print0 | xargs -0 perl -i -p -e 's/:ext:anoncvs\@(cvs\.)?s/:pserver:anonymous\@cvs.s/'

- For a project member working copy
find . -path '.*/CVS/Root' -print0 | xargs -0 perl -i -p -e 's/\@s/\@cvs.s/'

(Note: this was reported not to work under MSys (see the comments); if you know a more portable way, feel free to reply)

Or, just check out a fresh copy :)

rsync is now enabled on default port (873), you can use it to get your raw CVS files. With this new service, the (resources consuming) daily tarball generation script could be disabled.

rsync cvs.savannah.gnu.org::sources/project/
rsync cvs.savannah.gnu.org::web/project/

ViewCVS was also upgraded. Old URLs are seamlessly redirected to the new ones.

Commit notification was cleaned-up; this doesn't change much, except that those receiving notifications and diffs to the same list as separate mails now get them all in a single mail.

You can ignore the deprecation warnings that CVS issues when sending the e-mail: we need to upgrade our version of log_accum to support new-style CVSROOT/loginfo format, and meanwhile we use the old-style format for that particular hook.

rsync (posted by Aleš Čepek, Sun 11 Dec 2005 08:12:57 PM UTC)

Can I use rsync to directly update my project source files at savannah?  I would like to purge some useless ATTIC directories created long time ago during reorganization of the project tree.

Ales

RSA Fingerprint (posted by Laurence Finston, Sun 11 Dec 2005 06:41:43 PM UTC)

Hello,

Do you have the RSA fingerprint posted somewhere?

Thanks.

Laurence Finston

Migration one-liners (posted by Sylvain Beucler, Sun 11 Dec 2005 06:36:34 PM UTC)

For anonymous working copies:
find -path '.*/CVS/Root' -print0 | xargs -0 perl -i -p -e 's/:ext:anoncvs\@(cvs\.)?s/:pserver:anonymous\@cvs.s/'

For a project member working copy:
find -path '.*/CVS/Root' -print0 | xargs -0 perl -i -p -e 's/\@s/\@cvs.s/'

Or, just check out a fresh copy :)

it doesn't work! (posted by Apple, Sun 11 Dec 2005 05:25:40 PM UTC)

all it does is just hang
appleboy@dioxide ~/glob2-cvs $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/glob2 co glob2

^^command I'm running

Previous Messages   

Back to the top