newsSavannah Administration - News: Information on the password compromise

Latest News
frontend upgraded posted by ineiev, Wed 31 Jan 2024 05:45:55 PM UTC
[download] SFTP disabled posted by ineiev, Mon 27 Nov 2023 11:00:33 AM UTC
git post-receive UDP syndication posted by carlc, Thu 31 Aug 2023 11:57:10 PM UTC
re-enabling reminders posted by ineiev, Tue 02 May 2023 11:40:13 AM UTC
frontend upgraded posted by ineiev, Fri 13 May 2022 06:43:50 AM UTC

Information on the password compromise

Item posted by Sylvain Beucler <Beuc> on Thu 02 Dec 2010 11:24:53 PM UTC.

We'll keep this page updated:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Compromise2010

Copy of potentially compromised repositories (posted by Jean Delvare, Tue 07 Dec 2010 03:03:59 PM UTC)

Where do we get access to a copy of the potentially compromised repositories, i.e. right before they were overwritten by the known-good backups? I definitely hope that a copy was made. I did commit a lot of changes between November 23rd and November 26th, and I would like to get access to them so that I can commit them again.

The project I am worried about is "dmidecode" but I am certain that other developers have similar concerns.

What to do (posted by Alex Schroeder, Tue 07 Dec 2010 10:12:53 AM UTC)

When I svn commit I get the error "svn: File not found: transaction '455-ct', path '/emacswikipages/mon-macs.el'" and when I svn up, I get the error "svn: No such revision 458".

What happened? As far as the repository is concerned, my local files are in a future that wiped when the backup was restored.

If you're in the same situation, you may want to copy everything except the .svn dirs to another place, make a new checkout, move the backup in there and commit it as a single commit from the backup-restore-point to where your newer checkout was before the restore.

(Thanks to IcePic on #svn.)

Back to the top